The Northeast HERS Alliance is proud to announce, in association with Building Efficiency Resources (The BER) and Performance Systems Development, ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 Online Training for certified HERS Raters, providing 18 hours of RESNET Professional Development Credits, and 9 BPI Continuing Education Units.
Choose from two formats:
Building Efficiency Resources Training Details
This training includes six 2-hour modules. The cost for all six modules and the exam is $299.00. Modules can be retaken as many times as needed with no extra cost. Trainings are offered on demand.
The modules may be taken in any order and over the course of multiple weeks. The six modules will cover the following topics:
- Module 1: Overview, Version 2.5, and energy modeling for Version 3.0 and 2.5;
- Module 2: Thermal Enclosure Checklist (part 1);
- Module 3: Thermal Enclosure Checklist (part 2);
- Module 4: HVAC Quality Checklists (part 1);
- Module 5: HVAC Quality Checklists (part 2); and,
- Module 6: Water Management Checklist and EPA Indoor airPLUS;
Each online training session will include periodic quizzes to check for program comprehension, and will include an additional 30 minutes of Q&A at the end of each training session. An exam will be given following the completion of all 6 training sessions to confirm a certified Rater's preparedness to begin verification for ENERGY STAR Version 3.0.
Once you have registered, you will receive an email from The BER containing all training materials and information on how to access the modules.
Performance Systems Development Training Details
This 16 hour training will be split up into 4 convenient half day online sessions. Each session will be held from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Eastern. If this schedule does not work for you, please contact us for other possible options.
This training will cover the new requirements of ENERGY STAR for New Homes version 3 program. The training will include an ENERGY STAR v3 Overview, Rater Design Review Checklist and Rater Field Checklist, and question answer sessions. At the conclusion of the training each participant will take an online test to qualify for the completion certificate.
Materials: All attendees will receive a downloadable manual for:
- Rater Design Review Checklist
- Rater Field Checklist
- Program Essentials
- Program Requirements
Trainers: Ethan MacCormick and Emelie Cuppernell (Meet the Trainers)
Next scheduled Training: June 13-16, 2017 from 9am-1pm
Click here to register.
Why should I take this training?
- It's required. All certified HERS Raters who plan to provide verification services for ENERGY STAR Version 3 homes must receive ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 training by an Accredited ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 Training Provider.
- It's online. Taking time off of work for trainings is not an option for most certified Raters. Thus, we are offering certified Raters the ability to attend the ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 Rater Training online.
- It earns Professional Development credits. Online ENERGY STAR Version 3.0 training provides 18 hours of RESNET Professional Development Credits, as well as 9 BPI Continuing Education Units.
If you have any questions on the above training, please do not hesitate to contact Betsy Ames, Northeast HERS Alliance at email@example.com / 978-633-3013. Office Hours: Tues 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm, Weds 1pm-5pm, and Thurs 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm