Home Energy Technologies has an opening for a HERS Rater or rater trainee. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, motivated individual to work in a growing field with great personal and professional growth opportunities. While a current HERS Rater certification is desirable, more important is a desire for knowledge and a passion to improve the built environment through collaboration with clients’ project teams through the entire design and build project lifecycle.
The Home Energy Technologies team is based in Chester, Connecticut and provides services to help our clients design and build exceptionally energy efficient, comfortable and sustainable homes. We are committed to providing the highest levels of professionalism and service to all our clients who include architects, developers, builders, contractors and homeowners throughout Connecticut. Our projects range from super-efficient zero-energy homes to multi-family affordable housing developments. In addition to HERS ratings our services include certification for the ENERGY STAR® for Homes and other green building programs, code-compliance inspections, home energy audits and diagnostic analyses of building problems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a STEM discipline
• HERS Rater certification desirable but not essential. Ability to gain and maintain HERS Rater certification if not currently certified.
• A strong interest in energy conservation, building science and sustainable building concepts
• Ability to master and effectively communicate technical subjects such as code requirements, program requirements, building science concepts and best practices in construction and HVAC
• Experience in analyzing building plans, energy modeling and HVAC load calculations desirable
• Experience in residential design and construction desirable
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate and build relationships with client project team members at all levels
• Strong analytical and computer skills, particularly with Excel
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for 100 feet without assistance
• Ability to work outdoors and in basements, crawl spaces and attics that may require use of ladders
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Clean driving record with use of a reliable vehicle with adequate space for testing and diagnostic equipment
• Willingness to work flexible hours when in the client’s or company’s best interests
This is a full-time, salaried position based in our Chester office. You will spend approximately 50-70% of your time conducting inspections throughout Connecticut. We are an equal-opportunity employer and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply, please send your resume with a cover email explaining your interest in this position to Peter Harding at email@example.com. No phone calls please.